Germany promises an array of famous sights and hidden gems.
Whether you want to visit Bavaria’s captivating castles, walk the medieval streets of Rothenburg ob der Tauber or enjoy sublime classical music in concert, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Germany has to offer.
Boasting some of Europe’s finest lakes and no fewer than 16 national parks, this country is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. But Germany is also synonymous with art and culture, which can be experienced at its world-class galleries and museums.
Our recently updated guide brings Germany to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
– our pick of Germany’s must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
– the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
– detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
– easy-to-follow itineraries
– expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
– colour-coded chapters to every part of Germany, from Berlin to Munich, Saxony to Hesse
– our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Germany in your pocket? Try our top 10 guides to Berlin and Munich.
There are no reviews yet.