The Rough Guide to the Netherlands
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover the Netherlands with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore the fascinating island of Texel, lose yourself in the beautiful Keukenhof Gardens or visit the spectacular Van Gogh museum, The Rough Guide to the Netherlands will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to the Netherlands:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the Netherlands
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Amsterdam, Utrecht and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the breathtaking Singel Canal in Amsterdam and the out-of-this-world beaches of Texel
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Amsterdam, Maastricht and Delft’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into the Netherlands, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Amsterdam; Noord-Holland; Zuid-Holland and Utrecht; The north and the Frisian Islands; The eastern Netherlands; The south and Zeeland
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam, Pocket Rough Guide Amsterdam and The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.