The Algarve is an enticing holiday destination – renowned for its ochre-splashed coastline of shallow bays, dramatic cliffs and buzzing resorts. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around the Algarve with absolute ease.
Our updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of the Algarve into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best beaches, wineries and outdoor activities, museums and castles. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak
– Six easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– Detailed Top 10 lists of the Algarve’s must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of the Faro, Tavira, Silves, Monchique, LoulÃ©, Lagos, Parque Natural da Ria Formosa, Sagres, Albufeira and PortimÃ£o
– The Algarve’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sampling authentic local food
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including children’s attractions and coastal villages
– A laminated pull-out map of the Algarve, plus four full-colour area maps
– Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK’s favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Portugal”s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Portugal.