The Rough Guide to Wales
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Wales with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to hike through the wilds of Snowdonia, follow in Wordsworth’s footsteps at Tintern Abbey or explore Welsh music and theatre in Swansea, The Rough Guide to Wales will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Wales:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Wales
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the arcades of central Cardiff or the peaks of Brecon Beacons National Park without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Wales with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Cardiff, Swansea and the southeast; the southwest; the Brecon Beacons and Powys; the Cambrian coast; the Dee Valley; Snowdonia and the Llyn; the north coast and Anglesey. Attractions include: Cardiff Bay; St David’s Cathedral; Pembrokeshire National Park; Conwy Castle; Cadair Idris; Ffestiniog Railway; Hay Festival; the beaches of the Llyn and Gower peninsulas.
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to the North Coast 500
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.