The Rough Guide to Scottish Highlands and Islands
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Scottish Highlands and Islands with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to take a boat out on a remote loch, take a whale-watching tour off the Isle of Mull or cheer on some Highland games, The Rough Guide to Scottish Highlands and Islands will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Scottish Highlands and Islands:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Scottish Highlands and Islands
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the Western Isles, Argyll and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including royal blue waters lapping the cliffs of Shetland and the romantic West Highland Railway steaming over the Glenfinnan Viaduct.
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in the Highlands, Great Glen and Skye
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Scotland with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Argyll, the central Highlands, the Great Glen, the north and northwest Highlands, Skye and the small Isles, the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to Scotland, Pocket Rough Guide Isle of Skye
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.