Discover Bolivia with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to swim with pink river dolphins, cycle the world’s most dangerous road, or follow in the footsteps of Che Guevara and Butch Cassidy, The Rough Guide to Bolivia will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Bolivia
– Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the steep, narrow lanes of La Paz’s market district or the ordered colonial streets of Sucre’s historic centre without needing to get online.
– Stunning, inspirational images
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: La Paz; Oruro; Potosí; Sucre; Cochabamba; Santa Cruz; and Rurrenabaque. Attractions include: Mercado de Hechihería; Tiwanuku; Lake Titicaca and Isla del Sol; Coroico and the “Death Road”; the Inca trails; Salar de Uyuni; Reserva de Fauna Andina Eduardo Avaroa; the Che Guevara trail; the Jesuit missions of Chiquitos; Parque Nacional Madidi and the Amazon.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, fiestas, health, national parks and reserves, outdoor activities, crime and personal safety, culture and etiquette and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, wildlife and ecology, books, music and dance,plus a handy language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Rough Guide to Bolivia
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our “tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
There are no reviews yet.