Whether you want to tread the footsteps of kings and queens in the royal palaces, take a break from sightseeing in one of the city’s many parks, or sample a tantalizing array of street food from around the world, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that London has to offer.
Every corner of this cosmopolitan capital is brimming with personality. Dripping in pomp and tradition, Whitehall and Westminster are best known for their iconic sights and regal architecture. The rolling fields and peaceful woodlands of Hampstead Heath feel a world apart from the futuristic skyscrapers of the financial district of the City. And when the sun sets, Soho bursts into life – the perfect spot for an evening out.
Our updated guide brings London to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings London to life. DK Eyewitness London is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness London you will find:
– A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of London’s must-sees and hidden gems
– Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
– Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
– Colour-coded chapters to every part of London, from Mayfair to Shoreditch, King’s Cross to the South Bank.
– Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
– Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
– Covers: Whitehall and Westminster, Mayfair and St James’s, Soho and Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and the Strand, Holborn and the Inns of Court, Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia, King’s Cross, Camden and Islington The City, Shoreditch and Spitalfields, Southwark and Bankside, South Bank
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Great Britain. Want the best of London in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 London
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.