Whether you want to see cherry blossoms in Kyoto, speed through the countryside aboard a shinkansen, or shop til you drop in futuristic Shibuya, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all Japan has to offer.
Japan is a land of contrast – think tranquil zen gardens and peaceful pagodas, neon-lit cities and robot restaurants. Cities might be the first things that spring to mind when you think of Japan, but the countryside is just as epic. There’s the iconic Mount Fuji, bubbling hot springs, unspoiled beaches and adrenaline-packed ski resorts. And if that wasn’t enough to entice you to visit, there’s the food – unctuous noodles, delicate sushi and warming hotpots.
Our updated guide brings Japan to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings to life. DK Eyewitness Japan is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Japan you will find:
– A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Japan’s ‘s must-sees and hidden gems
– Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
– Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
– Colour-coded chapters to every part of Japan, from Tokyo to Kyoto City, Hokkaido to Okinawa
– Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
– Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
– Covers: Central Tokyo, Northern Tokyo, Western Tokyo, Farther Afield, Central Honshum Kyoto City
Western Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu, Okinawa, Northern Honshu, Hokkaido
Only visiting Tokyo? Try our DK Eyewitness Tokyo.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.