WATERSTONES’ BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR 2023: NATURE AND TRAVEL
When you’re stuck for a great gift for Dad, look no further than GREAT BRITISH DADVENTURES: the ultimate guide to helping Dad discover adrenaline-inducing, mind-expanding or stomach-pleasing mini or big adventures around the British Isles – and families of all ages can join in the fun too!
Using maps of all the Scottish and English counties and the Welsh principal areas, the book pinpoints almost 1,000 destinations and activities, including plenty of free and baby-friendly options (and a few that are for Dad’s friends only). Whether he’s looking for something interesting to do nearby at the weekend or heading off on holiday around our vast and varied British Isles, GREAT BRITISH DAD-VENTURES has all the inspiration Dad needs to get off his screen and do something exciting.
– walks, hikes, cycling and mountain biking
– castles and museums
– watersports, wild swimming and boat trips
– nature reserves and safari parks
– orienteering and bushcraft experiences
– scenic driving routes and walking tours
– climbing, coasteering and gorge walking
– brewery and vineyard tours
– and plenty of activities that are unique to the local areas.