In the National Geographic television series Uncharted, chef Gordon Ramsay travels to some of the most remote locations on Earth in search of culinary inspiration, epic adventures, and cultural experiences. Experience his journey in this beautifully illustrated collection, featuring 60 mouthwatering recipes and revealing insight into the cultures and foodways of destinations from Peru to Louisiana.
From the heights of the Peruvian Andes to the banks of the Mekong River Delta in Laos, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has traveled far and wide to find culinary inspiration in some of the world’s most remote locations. In this travelogue-meets-cookbook, Ramsay reveals the rich food traditions and cultures he’s found in 25 remarkable destinations from his explorations on the National Geographic Channel’s Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted.
Within these mouthwatering pages, you’ll find insights into some of the world’s richest cultures, behind-the-scenes stories from filming, tips from top chefs around the world, and must-try adventures in places near and far. Best of all, you’ll be served 60 authentic recipes that are easy to achieve at home, including:Â
- Steamed Pudding from New Zealand’s MaoriÂ
- Spicy Grilled Lobster with Coconut and Breadfruit from Hawaii’s Hana Coast
- Smoked Cod Chowder Chowder from Norway’s Viking Country
- Spice-Rubbed Steaks with Pele Pele Sauce from South Africa
- Pandi Curry from India’s spice hub
- Braised Pork and Mole-Stuffed Chiles Rellenos from Oaxaca, Mexico
- New Orleans-Style Barbecue Shrimp from Louisiana
- Black Risotto from Istria, Croatia
- And More!
Both exotic and inspiring, this cookbook is perfect for travel inspiration, cultural insight, and an extra-special kitchen repertoire!
There are no reviews yet.